It’s no secret that I have a packed schedule for 2017. With five novels releasing, two big events, and a slew of smaller appearances, it’s a wonder I’m not running around like a chicken with my head cut off. My secret for getting things done is perhaps the most low-tech trick out there: an old-fashioned to-do list.
I typically work off of several to-do lists. I have the main one, with the big goals, and several little ones. For instance, here is my current main list:
- Review/approve Gallowglass ebooks
- Golem cover info to designer
- Golem draft complete by 4/30
- Gallowglass #2 complete by 5/31
- Gallowglass # outline by 4/15
- Finish outline for YA
- Research: Scandinavian folklore, County Clare local legends, Crail/Perthshire folklore
If that looks like a lot, it’s because it is. The easiest way to tackle such a lost is to break it into smaller parts. Therefore, here’s today’s list:
- Finish Scandinavian folklore book
- Golem to 80k
- Write blog post (yep, this one)
- laundry (because real life happens too)
- Review swag/stock for upcoming events
Now, that I can handle in a day.
Not only do these lists keep me organized, as I tick off completed tasks I feel accomplished. It’s like I’m giving myself a few little mini-awards while I’m working toward my overall goal, and who doesn’t like rewards? Come to think of it, I think I deserve some chocolate.
Do you have any tips or tricks for tackling your to-do list? Share them in the comments!
Have you entered the huge amazon gift card giveaway? Click here to throw your name in the hat (figuratively speaking, of course): Giveaway!